Typed Python?

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Wed Jul 7 06:03:34 EDT 2004

Ville Vainio <ville at spammers.com> writes:

> Really, when was this? Even back when I learned Scheme (in 1995), it
> was regarded as a language nobody really uses

Regarded as such by whom ?

Probably by students who saw lots more job adverts for Java, C++, VB,
COBOL etc. programmers.

You probably regard Forth, Smalltalk (and so on, and so on) as
languages nobody uses, and yet there are people making a living
delivering applications in these languages, and I would bet that they
are doing it far more efficiently than all those who do so in Java,
C++ or COBOL ... and are having much more fun in the process, and are
probably getting paid much more.