Interactive Python

Darren Dale dd55 at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 30 10:22:46 EDT 2004

Hello,

I use Python for interactive data analysis, coming recently from Matlab.
One thing I am missing is a variable browser. The problem with vars() is
that it lists everything loaded in the session. Try using the excellent
matplotlib package and you'll see my dilemma.

Could another namespace could be added on the python search path, one
that only held variables created by the user (as opposed to imported by
modules)? Or does something like this already exist? This might make it
easier to save interactive sessions, by pickling the user-namespace.

Darren