lua: any comments

Jon Perez jbperez808 at wahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 22:55:22 EDT 2004

Ivan Voras wrote:

> An extremely nice little language for embedding - I've had great success
> including it in many C and even Delphi programs.

Easier to use embedded in C than Python I suppose?  How'd you
get it working in Delphi?

 > Major strengths are its simplicity and good documentation about
 > embedding. However, it lacks the libraries to be used as a
 > standalone general-purpose language.

Compared to Python's painful C API, is Lua's a lot easier to
use?  And speaking of C APIs, I took a look at a Ruby OpenGL
binding and it was incredibly simple.  Certainly nowhere near
the confusing gobbledygook that is SWIGged PyOpenGL...