Is there a reference/alias/pointer in Python?

Dan dan at eloff.info
Sun Jul 25 12:57:52 EDT 2004

"Glad it helped you... looked rather too technical for many
beginners..."

I am a beginner, this being my second week of python, but I've been
programming for 3 years now in over 10 languages with most of my
experience in C++. I've implemented ref-counting before so I understand
the concept quite well. The concept of python's mutable objects is new
though, I'm not used to A = B, changing A and then seing that B has
changed as well. That said, I think it's a neat feature, and can be used
to my advantage.

Thanks for your help.