https proxy

Paul Sweeney reverse.ku.oc.issolok at nothypgnal.delrest.co.uk
Wed Jul 28 06:50:08 EDT 2004

Dietmar Schwertberger wrote:
> In article <ce5rgo$ffk$1 at titan.btinternet.com>, Paul Sweeney
> <URL:mailto:reverse.ku.oc.issolok at nothypgnal.delrest.co.uk> wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a working (python) https proxy which allows viewing
of
> > unencrypted data being sent from my browser to an https site?
> >
> > I've worked my way through most on the list at
> > http://xhaus.com/alan/python/proxies.html, but while many claim to
support
> > https, if you actually point your browser at the proxies, they work fine
for
> > http, but not for https pages.
>
> I wrote a http proxy server some time ago to use Netscape/Firefox for
> homebanking through the modem connection of my RISC OS computer (I don't
> like connecting my Windows PC to the internet....).
> I don't think a simple proxy server will help you at all as it just waits
> for the browser connecting, receives a "CONNECT ..." request, builds the
> requested connection and then just passes on the data between the browser
> and the website until the connection is closed from either side ...
>
> Anyway it's available from my homepage; it's in the RISC OS additions
> archive - the name is SSLRelay.

Thanks for posting a response Dietmar.

It sounds like this works the same as the http proxies in my OP so it won't
unencrypt the data to make it viewable, but then it doesn't need to for your
app :-)

In case someone else is reading this and it sounds useful to them, I
couldn't figure the url of your website, so you may want to repost with it.

Paul