lisp is winner in DOM parsing contest! 8-]

Paul Rubin http
Sun Jul 11 23:13:42 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:
> For example, there are approaches which can read in the
> document incrementally (and I'm not just talking SAX here),
> rather than read the whole thing at once.

Rather than either reading incrementally or else slurping in the
entire document in many-noded glory, I wonder if anyone's implemented
a parser that scans over the XML doc and makes a compact sequential
representation of the tree structure, and then provides access methods
that let you traverse the tree as if it were a real DOM, by fetching
the appropriate strings from the (probably mmap'ed) disk file as you
walk around in the tree.