ANN: Snakelets 1.33 (simple-to-use web app server with dynamic pages)

Istvan Albert ialbert at mailblocks.com
Mon Jul 26 21:57:26 EDT 2004

Irmen de Jong wrote:
> I'm happy to say that Snakelets 1.33 is available.
>
> Snakelets is a very simple-to-use Python web application server.
> This project provides a built-in threaded web server (so you don't
> need to set up Apache or another web server), Ypages (HTML+Python
> language, similar to Java's JSPs) and Snakelets: code-centric page
> request handlers (similar to Java's Servlets).

This is a cool project...

Great idea to model it after the javaserver pages. It keeps
people in familiar territory. I'd recommend that you
integrate your system with SimpleTAL:

http://www.owlfish.com/software/simpleTAL/

In the meantime I'll give the little snakeletes a good workout,
some benchnmarking, loadtesting and such (within reason)
to see how they hold up in a production environment...

Istvan.