what's the news on the pie-thon?

Istvan Albert ialbert at mailblocks.com
Sat Jul 31 18:54:45 EDT 2004

Terry Reedy wrote:

> While the Parroteers claim promising results on some of the benchmarks
> files (ie, faster than CPython), they did not get to where they could run
 > all of them, so they conceded

Reminds me of a joke, with shopkeepers and bread,
let me adapt it for the current situation:

Two programmers setup shops across the street from each other.
A customer walks into one and asks for a program:

- Here it is and it'll run in 10 seconds - says the first programmer
- But the other shop sells programs that run in 1 second! - the customer replies
- Why don't you then buy it from there?
- Cause right now their program does not work properly...
- Well, when our programs don't need to work right, they can
be made pretty fast too...