Python indentation

Steve Lamb grey at despair.dmiyu.org
Wed Jul 7 14:43:11 EDT 2004

On 2004-07-07, Sateesh <ext-sateesh.kavuri at nokia.com> wrote:
> I am a beginner in Python, and am wondering what is it about the indentation
> in Python, without which python scripts do not work properly.
> Why can't the indentation not so strict so as to give better freedom to the
> user?
> Is there any plausible reason behind this?

    Could you give an example of what you feel would not be possible in
Python?  I have found that when most people hear "significant white space"
they mistakeningly feel that it is like older languages which had the same.
It is not.  Thus far I have not found any indention of code that I would want
to do in another language (within reason) which is not possible in Python.