Newbie Question about Python as a language

Dave Guenthner david at guenthners.com
Wed Jul 28 13:12:53 EDT 2004

Hello. I write a lot of small programs mostly in Visual Basic 6 or
VBScript using WSH 5.6 for any number of purposes.  I am curious on
what Python does that say Java doesn't do?  For example, I would
definetly need some type if Visual Development Environment.  Also,
does Python have methods or classes to access the Windows registry?
Also, I guess if was going to use an OO language, why would I choose
Python over say C# and Visual Studio?  I work in a Enterprise
environment so money for software tools is not a problem.

Thanks in advance,

Dave