python desktop

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Wed Jul 7 04:15:12 EDT 2004

Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> km wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>Are there any plans for a pure python desktop for linux ?
>>are there any similar projects ?
>

> Here it is. Finally a usable version has been released. Spread the word! ;-)
>
> http://logicaldesktop.sourceforge.net

great to see this, was looking at the old version before...
could you perhaps split the logicaldesktop.py into separate modules? it
makes it a bit difficult to find code to do improvements when its 3200
lines long...
Anyway what I was going to try and do:
- make filters work as you type, not just when you press Enter ala
Thunderbird's mail filters
- Try and work out why it thinks my HP CD writer is a Plextor CDROM -
where do you pick up this information?

Anyway I love some of the concepts and its looking nice...

David