[OT] Typed Python?

bruno modulix onurb at xiludom.gro
Mon Jul 5 15:32:44 EDT 2004

Thomas Reichelt a écrit :
(snip)
> Yes, type inference, for example, would be a great addition to Python! I
> took a look at OCaml a while ago, but as I am not very addicted to pure
> functional programming, it wasn't my thing.

<ot>
Err... OCaml is certainly not a 'pure'[1] fpl. It has support for
imperative and OO programming too (the 'O' is for 'Objective').

[1] at least according to the 'official' definition of 'pure functional
programming languages', which is (in short) that you can *never* change
the value of a variable.
</ot>

My 2 cents,
Bruno