Importance of C# (was Re: IronPython-0.6 is now available!)

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen tor.iver.wilhelmsen at broadpark.no
Sat Jul 31 05:29:10 EDT 2004

Michael Ekstrand <python at elehack.net> writes:

> Why do you say this?

Because many languages are made without it (Java, C#, Smalltalk), a
major language having it (C++) implements it in a way that makes a
developer need to be super-careful when using it, and any problem that
can be solved using MI can be solved without using it.

> A while ago, I was working with an object model in which there was
> no effective way to represent the necessary data without multiple
> inheritance (which made things really interesting when I was
> considering porting it to Java).

Java has indirect support for MI using nested classes.