id3tag?? (newbie)

Sylvain Thenault sylvain.thenault at nospam.logilab.fr
Wed Jul 7 04:04:34 EDT 2004

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 19:32:28 -0700, dj.paul.sutcliffe wrote:

> Hi, how can i manage the id3tag from mp3 files, i'm a dj and i have to
> deal with a lot of songs, so, i'm trying to develope a managment software
> that allow me to modificate a bunch of mp3 files... i'll apreciatte any
> help. Thanks!

you should take a look at eyeD3 [1] which provides a command line tool to
get / edit id3 tag from mp3 files. And it's written in python, so I guess
you could easily customize it (or only use its id3 module) if needed.

[1] http://eyed3.nicfit.net/
--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).