smtplib.SMTP "no attributes SMTP"

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Sat Jul 31 14:39:27 EDT 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 13:32:59 -0400, rumours say that Copelandia
Cyanescens <synesthesia at invalid.net> might have written:

>Python Python 2.3.4, Windows, "clean" install, using the example code
>given in the documentation, I get this...
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "C:\projects\email\email.py", line 24, in ?
>    server = smtplib.SMTP('mail.xxxxx.xxx')
>AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SMTP'

Have you created a file smtplib.py somewhere in your python path?
Perhaps you named as such the file with the example code from the
documentation?

>I beg to differ, it most certainly does. Right? :)

Yes, the std lib smtlib.py does have an SMTP class.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
"Tssss!" --Brad Pitt as Achilles in unprecedented Ancient Greek