IDE

Markus Wankus markus_wankusGETRIDOFALLCAPS at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 15 20:27:42 EDT 2004

A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> On 15 Jul 2004 11:27:20 +0300,
> 	Ville Vainio <ville at spammers.com> wrote:
>
>>- 1.0 will be an Eclipse 3.0 compatibility release. There are some new
>>debugger features like an environment tab that are cheap to implement,
>>and very useful.
>>And that's it. Over & out, off to new projects.
>

> It looks like I might begin working with Eclipse as part of my job,
> developing plugins for our internal use.  Having Python support would
> therefore be useful; is anyone else interested in helping to maintain
> Eclipse/Python support?
>
> --amk

I'd be up for it.  I can totally sympathize with the developer of pydev
about the PITA that Eclipse can be - but you gotta admit there is a HUGE
amount of functionality there for free.  I can say that because I've had
a relatively productive week developing Eclipse.  Some weeks are worse
than others... ;o)

Markus.