Interactive Python programming in ... vi [was: Tab wars revisited]

Steve Lamb grey at despair.dmiyu.org
Fri Jul 16 11:41:15 EDT 2004

On 2004-07-16, Jacek Generowicz <jacek.generowicz at cern.ch> wrote:
> Don't be a moron.

    First step, read the help.  ....  Oh sorry, forgot.

> Emacs allows me to interact with a continuously live instance of the
> Python interpreter.

    You know, oddly enough this isn't something I demand of my editors.  With
things like screen, konsole, multiple rxvts or even plain old ALT-F1, ALT-F2 I
get the exact same functionality.  It's called learning how to use the tools
given instead of insisting on having everything bolted onto one large
bloatware application.