How big is python24.dll?

Chris evenprimes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 17:17:53 EDT 2004

The size of the v2.4 dll isn't really known right now.  It's only the
first alpha which means that:

a:  more stuff is going to be added
b:  debugging code and other misc cruft is still in there.

We won't have a decent idea of the dll size until the first release
candidate later this year or early next year.

Chris

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 00:16:38 +0300, A. B., Khalid <abkhd at hotmail.com> wrote:
> For those how downloaded the new python, how big is it? I am speaking
> of the DLL on Windows.
>
> I am just curious; it would be interesting to compare the sizes of
> earlier versions with this alpha release. These are the python
> versions I know about:
>
> [-] python21.dll, July, 26th, 2001, 693KB
> [-] python23.dll, July, 29th, 2003, 953KB
> [-] python24.dll, July, 10th, 2004, ?
>

> --

Still searching for an even prime > 2!