IronPython-0.6 is now available!

Derek Thomson derek.thomson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 20:11:13 EDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:02:03 +0100, Alan Kennedy <alanmk at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Tim Bray (XML) is dipping his toe in the
> python waters, Steve Vinoski (CORBA) seems tired of the brittleness of
> static languages for building distributed object systems, and is
> trying his hand with twisted python,

I suspect he'll be disappointed with "Twisted", as I was. I had a
quick look at it, and the support for RPC is primitive, at best.

It's a "round-peg-square-hole" situation given that Twisted is "event
based", but it's pretty hard to build a distributed object system if
you can't call a method on a remote object easily ... still, it may
just be a matter of focus (i.e. the Twisted team haven't really
haven't done much in the area of RPC/distributed objects yet, by the
look of it). It will be interesting to see how it develops over time.