Typed Python?

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.com
Mon Jul 5 10:54:10 EDT 2004

On 05 Jul 2004 13:24:08 +0200, Jacek Generowicz
<jacek.generowicz at cern.ch> wrote:

>Ville Vainio <ville at spammers.com> writes:
>
>>     Chain> The code is much better structured in Scheme than in
>>     Chain> Python. It is a big mistake to assume that Python displays
>>     Chain> any readability. The one
>>
>> So true.
>>
>> (set! x 10)
>>
>> Is so much more readable than
>>
>> x=10
>
>Well, that rather depends on what you are used to. But it is
>undeniably true that the former is better structured.

Well it does seem to me that the subtleties of assignment in Python is
an excellant example of where its "easiness" is more apparent than
real.

The notice of which takes nothing away from Python.

But does work toward dispute of certain discriptions of it.

Art