Python .ico

leegtech leegtech at damned.spam.sport.rr.com
Sun Jul 25 12:52:08 EDT 2004

Byron wrote:

> Probably, the main source of resistance is the fact that the makers of
> Python do not provide a free, RAD (Rapid Application Development) tool
> that allows users to quickly and easily build GUIs visually, such as
> Java's Netbeans (www.netbeans.org).  Most programmers like an
> easy-to-use RAD that allows users to quickly and easily develop GUI
> applications.  Unfortunately, until Python is able to strongly compete
> in this area, most companies will continue to only believe that Python
> is mostly a cute scripting tool.

I'm just now learning VB.NET for work.  I really, REALLY wanted to learn
Python, either at work or home, but I just don't have the time.  I am
grudgingly beginning to like VB.NET, not for the language, but for the
frigging RAD IDE.  If there were a Python equivalent available, even if it
only did a third of what Visual Studio.NET can do, I'd be learning Python
on my own instead.

My .02.

Lee