Web Scraping/Site Scraping

David Jones djones at outrider.net
Sun Jul 11 09:42:47 EDT 2004

Hi, I'm interested in learning about web scraping/site scraping using
Python.  Does anybody know of some online resources or have any modules that
are available to help out.  O'Reilly published an interesting book
"Spidering Hacks" which covered some great scraping hacks but it is all
written in Perl.  I don't know Perl and don't want to.  I'm new to
programing and have been advised to start with Python.  So far so good ...
but need some help with web programming.   Thanks for any help you may
provide.  Dave.