pysqlite date question

Jaco Smuts JSmuts at clover.co.za
Mon Jul 19 18:29:38 EDT 2004

Hello there

I'm building a Python application. I use wxPython and pysqlite (amongst
others).

I have a table with a date field. When I do a select from this table
pysqlite detects it to be a date field and returns a datetime object.

This creates some problems for me because my control expects a date.

If this was only one instance I could  probably have fixed the specific
instance, but in fact I have 9 tables with date fields and a multitude of
controls displaying these dates.

Are there any way to 'force' pysqlite to return a date (preferably in a
specific format) rather than a datetime object ?

thanks in advance

jaco