Creating a timedelta counter...

Wil Schultz news at rekon.NOSPAM.org
Mon Jul 19 22:57:01 EDT 2004

Hey all,
Sorry, I am trying my best to learn python and seem to be able to grab
somethings while others seem to escape me...

I am trying to write a timedelta meter, i.e. "it has been U years, V
months, W day's, X hours, Y minutes, Z seconds since SomePoint"

Here's what I have so far, I can print the current time/date but am
having issues figuring out how to timedelat it...

# dunno about this
from datetime import datetime, timedelta

# This works, will print date/time

from time import gmtime, strftime
strftime("%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S +0000", gmtime())

# sometime
myYear          = "2004"
myMonth         = "7"
myDay           = "8"
myHour          = "6"
myMinute        = "21"
mySecond        = "13"

Wil
my 2¢

"When everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked
something."