Web Scraping/Site Scraping

Paul Bissex paul.bissex at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 15:33:58 EDT 2004

> "David Jones" <djones at outrider.net> writes:
>
> > Hi, I'm interested in learning about web scraping/site scraping using
> > Python.  Does anybody know of some online resources or have any modules that
> > are available to help out.  O'Reilly published an interesting book
> > "Spidering Hacks" which covered some great scraping hacks but it is all
> > written in Perl.  I don't know Perl and don't want to.  I'm new to
> > programing and have been advised to start with Python.  So far so good ...
> > but need some help with web programming.   Thanks for any help you may
> > provide.  Dave.

Dave, there's a chapter of "Dive Into Python" that deals specificlaly
with processing HTML:

  http://diveintopython.org/html_processing/index.html

If you're new to Python and programming, IMO you should start by going
through one or more of the available introductory tutorials:

  http://python.org/doc/Intros.html

Good luck!

pb

--
paul bissex, e-scribe.com -- database-driven web development
413.585.8095