ANN: Snakelets 1.33 (simple-to-use web app server with dynamic pages)

Irmen de Jong irmen at -nospam-remove-this-xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 27 14:21:59 EDT 2004

Istvan Albert wrote:
> Irmen de Jong wrote:
>
>> I'm happy to say that Snakelets 1.33 is available.
[...]

> This is a cool project...

Thanks :)

> Great idea to model it after the javaserver pages. It keeps
> people in familiar territory. I'd recommend that you
> integrate your system with SimpleTAL:
>
> http://www.owlfish.com/software/simpleTAL/

Which is just one of the possible template etc. toolkits
out there. For the next major upgrade, I want to somehow
make some sort of pluggable template enginge so that you
can plug in your template-system-of-choice... be it
Spyce, Cheetah, TAL, whatever.

> In the meantime I'll give the little snakeletes a good workout,
> some benchnmarking, loadtesting and such (within reason)
> to see how they hold up in a production environment...

I'm interested in the results.

--Irmen