RELEASED Python 2.4, alpha 1

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 17:38:40 EDT 2004

"Mike C. Fletcher" <mcfletch at rogers.com> writes:

> Paul Moore wrote:

>>Also, (4) is not suitable, as it only supports static libraries for
>>the CRT, and hence not msvcr71.
>>

> Where did you find this out?

It's documented (albeit not too clearly - you'd think MS didn't want
you to realise there were limitations :-)) on the website for the
toolkit.

> The installation includes msvcr71.dll, though that may very well
> just be because the tools themselves require it. The options the
> compiler prints on the command-line seem to suggest that it can link
> against msvcrt.dll (which I gather would be msvcr71 in the new
> version).

IIRC, I tried it a while back, and /MD either fails (option not
supported) or uses MSVCRT.

You can check by looking at the import table of the generated EXE -
either use dumpbin from VC6 or objdump -p from mingw.

Paul
--
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's
unfamiliar territory -- Paul Fix