% in POST when using URLLIB2.URLOPEN with PROXY

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Wed Jul 14 14:42:56 EDT 2004

"Herman Geldenhuys" <hermangeldenhuys at fusemail.com> writes:
[...]
> http://serverX/debugScript only returns the ArcXMLRequest that was posted.
> It should be :
> "<GETCLIENTSERVICES/>"
> but instead I get :
> "<GETCLIENTSERVICES/%"
>
> When I send "<GETCLIENTSERVICES/>\n\n" instead of "<GETCLIENTSERVICES/>",
> I get back "<GETCLIENTSERVICES/>\n%" as a result.
>
> If I'm not clear enough about the problem, please shout. Help will be
> appreciated!!
[...]

I wonder why, given your very clear explanation of the problem, you
haven't gone the extra inch to figure out why the code (urllib2+your
code) is posting incorrect data.

Somebody here might well guess the right answer to the problem, but
why not simply find out for yourself -- you're obviously quite capable
of doing so!  Get those print statements in there!

Once you've done so, please help save the world and let us know what
the problem was.

John