Cookie Monster

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Jul 28 09:14:29 EDT 2004

Guyon Morée wrote:

> "Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>>Patrick Zittle wrote:
>>>Does anyone know the code for the cookie monster app?  It is a little
>>>app that when you start it up it says "I want a cookie"  and if you
>>>answer anything but "cookie" it asks you agian.  If you answer "cookie"
>>>it goes away.  It was on the movie "Hackers" i belive.  ...
>>
>>while raw_input('I want a cookie. ') != 'cookie':
>>     pass

 > hey, shall we start a sourceforge project for this?
 >
 > ;)

Knowing SourceForge, there are almost certainly three such
projects already begun, none with released code.

See also http://www.multicians.org/cookie.html for background,
which points out that this has nothing to do with the Cookie
Monster of Sesame Street fame, but instead was inspired by a
cereal commercial in the 60s, featuring an annoying cartoon bear.

-Peter