PyGTK overload

Paramjit Oberoi p_s_oberoi at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 31 13:35:02 EDT 2004

> Glade is for later, when I am more comfortable with PyGTK.
> Or am I too conservative ?

I agree that using Glade may be put off until you understand how things
would be done 'by hand'.  But, when experimenting with GUI layouts, it is
useful to do the experimentation with Glade rather than by editing
scripts.  Also, playing with Glade gives you a good idea of the widgets
available in the toolkit and how they should be composed.

If you have not already discovered it, check out pygtkconsole.py:

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/65109

It lets you build/manipulate GUIs from an interactive python prompt.