Recommendation for GUI/OpenGL (or similar 3D functionality) environment

jc NOSPAMjcampbel at neo.rr.com
Sun Jul 18 01:51:35 EDT 2004

I am pretty new to Python but am thrilled with its elegant syntax,
style, efficiency...

I want to use Python for database query device that can also display
3D objects (up to several thousand, small primitives (more like
specks)but with some alpha channel control)
on a 3D Cartesian volume.  I guess in simple terms a 3D window embedded
in a DB query device.

I have looked at Boa Constructor, PyhtonCard, Tkinter, a bunch of others
and the choices can get pretty bewildering!

Could I get some recommendations on a GUI environment that can do what I
stated above but is the 'easiest'.

I'm willing to spend some time learning but would prefer to stick to the
one 'best' decision.

Other important points would be how robust the system is, how good is
the documentation, is it maintained regularly, etc.
I am on WinXP.