Python .ico

Michael Scarlett bitshadow at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 16:30:19 EDT 2004

I was just thinking that we should get a new icon for Python. Its such
an amzing effective language, and I know it sounds silly, but I can't
help but think that one of the reasons it hasn't surpassed JAVA or at
least taken more seriouly than it is now - is because of the dorky
looking .py icon.
We need a icon that reflects python. Robust, flexible and Effective.
Something that says "we get the job done right and the code is tight".
Eat that!!

Anybody else think GVR and the PSF should put that in the next
release? I know it sounds silly. but I'm kinda tired of Python being
taken too lightly. Python rules. applications like ZOPE, Mailman and
BitTorrent are proving that. Let's step it up a notch any how we can.

---BitShadow