Interactive Python programming in ... vi [was: Tab wars revisited]

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 00:05:16 EDT 2004

Jacek Generowicz <jacek.generowicz at cern.ch> wrote in message news:<tyfekndwxfy.fsf at pcepsft001.cern.ch>...
> This looks like it sends each code snippet to a new interpreter
> ... which is pretty useless for interactive incremental development.

Using emacs with Lisp or Scheme you can send a block of code to the
interpreter and do interactive incremental developement with a few
keystrokes. I have no idea of how to do the same in Python, so I just
open a lower buffer and I cut and paste by hand the function I am testing.
Is there a better way? You seem to imply there is ...

           Michele Simionato (a rather poor emacs user ;)