Installation Python2.3.4 & Mandrake 10

Sam G. nospam
Wed Jul 21 02:43:34 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've installed recently a Mandrake 10 web server
PHP/MYSQL/APACHE/ZOPE/PLONE (ouf !). I've re-installed python compiling
it, to be sure it's like my test platform. But like it is a 2.3.3 like
the version already installed, i didn't see the problem. After reading
this thread I check and...

/usr/local/bin is BEFORE /usr/bin in the $PATH for 'simple' users, but
for root it is AFTER !!! Be careful, it could be confusing...

Sorry for my english :-)
Sam.