Typed Python?

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Fri Jul 9 00:35:09 EDT 2004

Neil Hodgson wrote:

> Paul Prescod:
>

>>... It also meant that we didn't have to display
>>the parentheses in the underlying s-expressions:  we could show
>>structure by indentation.  By this means we made the language look
>>a lot less threatening."
>

>    Every sufficiently advanced LISP application will eventually reimplement
> Python.

You made me smile but you also made me think. If you need to use Scheme
in the "real world" you will use a Scheme with Python-like libraries,
maybe infix syntax, some form of object orientation etc. So who is
morphing into who?

With respect to Common Lisp I argue no contest: if you build the world's
biggest language from the start of course every other language will look
like a subset of it. ;)

  Paul Prescod