Why would I learn Python over other languages?

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.com
Thu Jul 8 22:30:25 EDT 2004

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 22:10:00 -0400, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com>
wrote:

>Arthur wrote:
>
>> But in the end  I don't think Python serves as a fully adequate
>> introduction to itself.
>
>I think you might say the same about almost any language.
>
>And yet, many seem to get a good start in programming with,
>well, almost any language...  (except VB ;-) .

Perhaps of any very high level language.

Guess I am feeling some frustration.  Don't see a path to getting
deeper into an understanding of Python without undertaking getting
some handle on C.  Mostly intuition at work.

And its not that I need (or expect to be able) to follow the Python C
code.

Python has me addicted me to the interactive prompt as a learning
tool, so was lucky to comae across CH, a C intepreter.

http://www.softintegration.com

New hope.

Art