try: finally: question

OKB (not okblacke) BrenBarn at aol.com
Thu Jul 15 21:51:21 EDT 2004

Tim Peters wrote:

> Not because it can't be defined clearly, but
> because any way of defining it is so arbitrary it leaves half of
> programmers believing that the other way of defining it was "the only
> obvious" way.  Don't allow mixing except with finally, and the
> programmer has to be explicit about their intent.  That was (and
> remains) a Pythonic solution.

    	Out of curiosity, what would be wrong with allowing both, but
insisting that the finally block (if it exists ) must come last?  The
code layout would then clearly suggest the semantics: the finally comes
last.  This is the thing I most often want to write anyway.

--
--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell