elisp -> Python (was Re: [OT] Emacs, Eclipse, Leo (was Re: IDE

G. S. Hayes sjdevnull at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 11:15:49 EDT 2004

Ville Vainio <ville at spammers.com> wrote in message news:<du71xj6q04b.fsf_-_ at amadeus.cc.tut.fi>...

> How about just reusing the elisp interpreter in its C form

Given the Deep Magic emacs does during the build process, I'm not sure
how easy that would be.  If I recall correctly, it builds a minimal
Lisp interpreter, uses that to run a bunch of Lisp code, and then
coredumps the running image into a new executable.  Even if you could
sort that out, you still have the problem of figuring out how to wrap
all the Lisp objects with appropriate Python objects.