Control mouse with Python?

simo simoninusa2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 1 01:25:56 EDT 2004

I'm looking to make an app to record my mouse movements and play them
back.

It will essentially be for unit testing websites, so I suppose it
could be done using one of the wxPython MSIE ActiveX widgets, but I'd
like it to work on other platforms and not just in web browsers.

Anyone got any ideas for how this could be done?

I guess if reading/writing mouse movements is difficult, I could limit
it to clicking buttons or use a fixed screen resolution and absolute
screen coordinates, but that will be very limiting I think.