Pmw EntryWidget Help

Eric Brunel eric_brunel at despammed.com
Fri Jul 2 04:28:26 EDT 2004

Greg Lindstrom wrote:
> Hello-
>
> I am working with the Pmw EntryWidget and would like to know how to set the
> length of the field that contains the entered text (not the label portion).
> I would like to extend the field to hold (and display) longer values than
> the default.

The options for the individual widgets in Pmw mega-widgets are usually of the
form <component name>_<option name>

The EntryField reference manual @ http://pmw.sourceforge.net/doc/EntryField.html
gives you the component name ("entry"), which is a Tkinter.Entry by default. So
the width option in this entry is accessed in the EntryField via entry_width

HTH