Call for Grant Proposals

Istvan Albert ialbert at mailblocks.com
Tue Jul 20 09:35:17 EDT 2004

Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> The Python Software Foundation is seeking grant proposals for projects
> related to the further development of Python, Python-related technology,
> and educational resources. The PSF plans to issue calls for proposals
> regularly.

This is such an awesome idea and even more amazing is that you guys
have the funds to do it.

A biased opinion here, coming from java I think funding Jython (hopefully
they apply) would promote python better than just about any other project.
I wish companies like IBM would (or maybe already do) invest some resources
into Jython after all they seem to have bet a lot on Java.

Python + Jython could blow out of water just about any other development
environment.

cheers,

Istvan.