a document I would like to see...

Paramjit Oberoi p_s_oberoi at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 18:26:40 EDT 2004

Use CHM docs (available with the windows installer).
You still wouldn't be able to grep, but you would have
a sorted index of headings, as well as full-text search
capability.

I use xchm (xchm.sourceforge.net) as my CHM reader on Linux.
There is also GnoCHM (gnochm.sourceforge.net) which is written
in Python itself, but I've had stability problems with that one.

-param