Static python compile on windows.

Grzegorz Dostatni grzegorz at ee.ualberta.ca
Tue Jul 27 20:33:48 EDT 2004

Cheers.
First what I am trying to do:
 I am trying to create a version of pytho23.dll that contains everything
inside of it. It is staticaly linked. It also needs to contain the qt
library. For this I am trying to work off of instructions designed for
unix/linux using visual c++.net and gui.

I can compile basic python - that's not a problem. Once I add the paths
and dependencies for qt (as well as modifying the config.c) I get an
error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '.\python23.lib'

Problem is I don't know where/when this gets created. python23.dll is
created as a result of pythoncore project. The python23.dll depends on
python23.lib. The only thing that gets build before pythoncore is the
make_versioninfo. I dug through the logs and was unable to determine where
python23.lib gets created. And how. If I can see why it is not created I
should be able to fix the problem.

Alternatively, did anyone figure out how to statically compile qt into
python? I can do the dynamic compile, but I need static for program
deployment.

Tired, exhausted and frustrated.
Greg

"When ideas fail, words come in very handy."
	- Goethe (1749-1832)