ANN matplotlib-0.60.2: python graphs and charts

Lou Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Jul 15 08:21:37 EDT 2004

In article <mailman.390.1089823546.5135.python-list at python.org>,
 John Hunter <jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> matplotlib is a 2D plotting library for python.  You can use
> matplotlib interactively from a python shell or IDE, or embed it in
> GUI applications (WX, GTK, and Tkinter).  matplotlib supports many
> plot types: line plots, bar charts, log plots, images, pseudocolor
> plots, legends, date plots, finance charts and more.
>
> What's new since matplotlib 0.50

[cut]

Sounds tremendous.

Anyone have any experience running this on Mac OS X?  What does it take
to get it up and running.  I'm enticed.  Will check it out on my own,
too, but any info welcome.  Thanks.

-- Lou Pecora  (my views are my own)

They laughed at Galileo. They laughed at Newton.
But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.  -- Carl Sagan