useless destructors

Oliver Fromme olli at haluter.fromme.com
Mon Jul 5 14:35:00 EDT 2004

Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
 > David Turner <dkturner at telkomsa.net> wrote:
 > > http://dkturner.blogspot.com/2004/06/garbage-collection-raii-and-using.html
 >
 > Finally had a chance to try this, and you're using a webserver that
 > barfs with Lynx.

FWIW, it doesn't work with _any_ browser that I've tried
(links, elinks, w3m, dillo, opera, and a self-written one).
HEAD requests do work (and indicate it's an Apache server,
unless the server signature is faked), but GET requests do
not.  There's probably something seriously broken with that
web server.

Best regards
   Oliver

PS:  I didn't bother to try lynx, because it is the least
useful browser anyway.  :-)  Actually I'm surprised that
there are still people who insist on using it, since there
are better alternatives such as links or w3m.

--
Oliver Fromme, Konrad-Celtis-Str. 72, 81369 Munich, Germany

``All that we see or seem is just a dream within a dream.''
(E. A. Poe)