[newbie] Writing to file : "name 'concat' is not defined"?

Byron DesertLinux at netscape.net
Wed Jul 21 11:49:28 EDT 2004

Hi Fred,

It looks like they have answered your questions.  To reiterate in a
simple form, to open a file for reading, it is best to use something
like the following:

	f = open("c:/test.txt", "r")
	textlines = f.readlines()			# Reads all lines into a list (array).
	for line in textlines:				     # Prints each line that is read from the
text file.
		print line

	---

If you want to append (add additional information) to a text file, use
the following:

	f = open("c:/test.txt", "a")
	f.write("This is an appended line.\n")
	f.close()