Dynamic classes

Steven Johnston s.j.johnston at soton.ac.uk
Wed Jul 7 11:19:49 EDT 2004

Hi,

Sorry to mail this list (not sure how big it is) but I have a problem with
python and was wondering if you may be able to help.

I have a package that people can add classes to (just copy a class to that
folder)

But now I would like to create an instance of the classes based on a set of
rules (depending on the __init__ signature)

So my question is: Is there a way of finding out what the signature of a
class is dynamically without trying to create an instance , and without
writing a text parser to read the file?

Many thanks in advance
Steven