How to lunch webpage without using SMTP server?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Jul 21 16:15:34 EDT 2004

On 2004-07-21, David Bolen <db3l at fitlinxx.com> wrote:

>> If that's true, then she can't send e-mail to non-local
>> addresses -- regardless of whether she's running a local SMTP
>> server or not.
>
> She can if said local server talks to the final delivery SMTP
> agents/servers.  They have to be listening or the e-mail addresses
> specifying their use for mail delivery won't work at all.

I assumed that somebody who "doesn't have access to an SMTP"
doesn't have access to any SMTP servers.  If "an SMTP server"
means "a local SMTP" or "a relaying SMTP server", then that's a
different story.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  PARDON me, am I
                                  at               speaking ENGLISH?