math module broken?

Frank Millman frank at chagford.com
Sat Jul 24 09:23:20 EDT 2004

Frank Millman wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I was helping my niece with her trigonometry homework last night. Her
> calculator's batteries were flat, so I thought I would use Python's
> math module to calculate sin, cos, and tan.

> Can someone please explain these discrepancies?

Thank you so much for the explanations, everyone. I appreciate your
patience.

I agree with Timothy's suggestion about adding a note to the
documentation. Obviously the math module is designed for those that
know what they are doing. However, you will always get the odd guy
like me that has some vague recollection of trigonometry from school
days, but does not really understand it, so it should help to avoid
similar confusion in the future.

Frank