I come not to bury C++, but to praise it...

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Wed Jan 14 21:35:47 EST 2004

claird at lairds.com (Cameron Laird) writes:

> In article <bu3vku$den0t$1 at ID-46268.news.uni-berlin.de>,
> Derek <none at none.com> wrote:
[...]
> Got it; thanks.  There's been extensive discussion here and elsewhere
> on just this point.  One of us might follow-up in a bit with a refer-
> ence to highlights ...
[...]

http://www.mindview.net/WebLog/log-0025

(important: Bruce Eckel says "weak typing" where he really means
"dynamic typing")

(next two are from this group, both threads and the particular posts
quoted are picked pretty much at random, except that I search for Alex
Martelli's posts, which are reliably good)

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=ft6tb.21351%249_.767461%40news1.tin.it&rnum=1

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=pNfIa.206219%24g92.4232233%40news2.tin.it&rnum=2

The last one (above) is part of an argument between Alex and David
Abrahams, both C++ experts and well-known Pythonistas, but on opposite
sides of the debate.

John